Monday, August 29, 2011

Now THIS is REALLY living !!!!!

My soon-to-be-6-year-old grandson got an oversized blowup baseball bat at a local festival.  Naturally, it became the latest of his secret weapons whose sole purpose is to destroy Papaw.  We took turns beating each other all over the house with it this weekend. 

:-)

At one point he was wailing on me with it while I was looking in the refrigerator for some needed fuel to continue the battle.  He was pounding away kind of like the boy in the Volkswagen commercial.

He paused just long enough to say, "Now THIS is REALLY living !!!!" 

...then continued wailing on me with his secret-weapon-specially-designed-to-destroy-Papaw.

HAhahahahahaha !!!!!!!!

If he only knew how powerfully true that sentiment was in my heart at that exact moment ...