Thursday, April 19, 2007

She "OWNS" at the Net!

I hadn't been able to watch my daughter, Brittany, play tennis this season until last night. We had talked about some of her matches. She told me the night before she and her partner were down four games to love in their doubles match. They came back to win the match 6 games to 4!

She said, "I owned at the net!"

That is so cool!

I didn't even know they had a match last night. I thought she was supposed to have practice. I was preparing to mow the lawn when I found out it was an actual match. I had her to call me when it was her turn to play.

When I checked my cell phone, I had two missed calls from Brittany. I rode my lawn mower to the park to watch her play (My car was with her at the park). By the time I got there the match was already nearly over. Brittany and her partner were up 6 games to love. Apparantly, in a district match at her level of play, they play 8-game matches instead of 6-game matches. So I got to see her play the last two games.

Yep, she OWNS at the net!